My passion.

Having covered many different areas of film production throughout my time so far studying Film & TV Production at University, this is one area of production I'm extremely excited about undertaking. I love the idea of telling a story not only through performance and dialogue, but through the cinematography and production design within the frame as well. Envisioning a story from scratch, building a world, using techniques with lighting, camera movements and angles, to name a few, really is a passion of mine and something I'm excited about expanding my knowledge and abilities on further.




At the beginning of University, I didn't particularly have a lot of confidence, with people and working in teams, but more so confidence in my own abilities as a creative individual, which something I have struggled with. Last semester, with my post-production and editing module, an aim of mine was to creatively challenge myself, push myself outside of my comfort zone and attempt pieces of work which ultimately tested me. Before, I would be satisfied with average work which I knew would guarantee myself an average grade, but I never progressed creatively - there was no improvement. With the editing module, I decided to push myself, attempt work that may not necessarily work in the end, but I can live knowing that I tried and learnt from those mistakes.

With this module, I want to continue this mindset of confidence and pushing myself. I want to try and create work that no one else has tried or thought of, either pulling it off or failing, but learning as a result.

No comments:

Post a Comment